Thanos as 2nd villain in the Avengers movie? Infinity Gauntlet movie next?
Why you still looking for Avengers news!?
CHECK OUT THE LATEST IRON MAN 3 NEWS
Want to win a Limited edition Planet Earth DVD Box Set? click here
or view the contest link on the right…for real…enter and win!!
Now that the movie has been released there are no more spoilers, wanna see the actual clip? Forgive me if it’s not the highest quality but that is even more reason to go out and see it for yourself.
Check out some other NON Avengers related post. I think the same readers who enjoy this post would really like some other post.
Spread the word!
Even more details from THE AVENGERS’ fan screenings have found their way online,
These are MAJOR SPOILERS NOW so read no further if you want to have anything in this movie be a surprise!
Still wanna read?……
- Thanos IS IN THE MOVIE as we confirmed before BUT it seems he is only in the post credit scene. He talks about how Loki failed and with the power of the INFINITY GAUNTLET…he himself will not fail. Plot and bad guy for Avengers 2 maybe?
- More reveals here from www.comicbookmovie.com
- The rumored “huge opening scene” of the movie is Loki making a deal with an alien (later revealed to be Thanos’ associate) on the outskirts of the Nine Realms.
- Loki is given the Chitauri army in promise that he will obtain the Tesseract (Cosmic Cube) for them.
- During the Hulk vs Thor fight, Hulk tries to lift Mjolnir but fails.
- Tony Stark at one point refers to Hawkeye humorously as “Legolas”.
- Captain America does not utter the iconic words, “Avengers Assemble”.
- Hawkeye is under mind control for roughly half of the movie.
- It is revealed that Bruce Banner tried to commit suicide. He remarks that he “put the gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger but the ‘Other guy’ spat it out”.
- Loki is brutal in the film (supposedly more so than Joker in TDK). At one point Hawkeye (still under mind-control) needs the scan of a man’s eye, so Loki goes to Germany and promptly butchers him.
- Asgard doesn’t have monkeys…Stark and Banner leave together in his Acura at the end of the movie (possibly implying the presence of Banner in IM3).
- War Machine’s absence is not explained, although Jane Foster’s is (she’s apparently under special protection in case Loki went after her).
- Black Widow is indeed (or rather; was) Russian.
- Hulk gives Loki an absolute thrashing, and promptly refers to him as a “puny god”.
Below is my original post with the rumors of Thanos appearing in the movie.
Now we know for sure!
the following is from comicbooknews.com
The aliens are called The Redacted and are a new version of The Skrulls. Fox still own Skrulls, so Marvel have changed them enough to not get sued. They’re multicoloured and are shapeshifters.
Thanos is slotted to be the second villain in Marvel’s movie The Avengers, scheduled to release on May 4th, 2012.
The Latino Review came out with it back on May 26, 2011. They are the only one’s claiming it but it seems that the pieces are falling together perfectly.
Hailing from Saturn’s moon of Titan, Thanos was the one of the last sons born to the original colonists Alars (Mentor) and Sui-San. Alars and Sui-San transformed Titan into a paradise and who had transformed Titan into paradise. Thanos was born a monstrous mutant, and his “differences” were magnified when compared to his younger brother Starfox, who was handsome and carefree. Ironically Starfox had the power to make everyone love life and feel content, well everyone except Thanos.
Thanos was doomed from the start as he was born with an undying appetite for personal power and growth. Becoming infatuated with Death itself, Thanos fell in love with the woman form Death took. Gathering an army, Thanos sought to find out why he was different and turned his sights onto his home Titan, where he would dissect his mother Sui-San and almost destroy the Saturn moon he was born on.
Sort of like Gollum from J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit, Thanos held onto the source of his power, the Cosmic Cube, and when he lost it, he lost everything. That was not the end of Thanos however as he set about a new course to collect the six Soul Gem’s that would combine as a huge, single Soul Gem to extinguish the stars and life as a tribute to his love, Death.
Thor the last Marvel movie to hit the big screen gave a great tease as to what is too come. Looking forward to what Joss Whedon has in store for us with the 2012 release of The Avengers. Thanos is a prime candidate, however Marvel has yet to confirm.
I didn’t miss this in the Thor movie, just forgot I saw it. The Infinity Gauntlet was seen in the movie.
This is Thanos’ glove, augmented by the addition of the six Infinity Gems, collected and put together by Thanos himself to control the universe. As the inclusion of this item in Thorwould indicate, Thanos already succeeded in accomplishing this but presumably, Odin managed to take it and store it safely on Asgard. If Thanos is in The Avengers, this glove plays a part in the movie too and fans will need to prepare for a very cosmic ride, with Loki, The Skrulls and now Thanos all possibly factoring in to the plot somehow.
The comic book series that got me into comics years ago – I admittedly have not be following them for a long time now – was the Infinity Gauntlet.
The idea that Thanos (see plot summary for the Infinity Gauntlet below) would be in the Avengers movie gives me renewed hope for the future of Marvel movies. I think our current technology has reached a point where another Avengers movie could take on the Infinity Gauntlet plot.
I realize real comic book fans and purest would not be on board and would probably avoid the theaters. They would make fun of those of us that just want to see this story on the big screen.
If Thanos is more than just a cameo, expect another important Marvel character, Adam Warlock (Thanos’ nemesis), to not be far behind. All of this seems to be too much if The Skrulls are in the film as well, but it’s likely that some of these stories are being planted for the sequels. Marvel is planning five years ahead and at Comic-Con this year they will announce some of their upcoming films post-Avengers.
The comic featured just about every Marvel superhero of the time battling an unbeatable enemy.
A brief summary from wiki:
Thanos mounts the six Infinity Gems, (collected in the The Thanos Quest limited series), on his left glove to form the titular Infinity Gauntlet. Each Gem grants its bearer complete mastery over one aspect of the universe: Time, Space, Mind, Soul, Reality, and Power. Now all-powerful and desperate to win the affections of Death, Thanos decides to offer the entity a gift of love by completing a task she had given him, erasing half the sentient life in theuniverse (including most of the X-Men, Daredevil, and the Fantastic Four), quite literally with a snap of his fingers.
The surviving heroes on Earth band together — guided by the newly-resurrected Adam Warlock — to battle Thanos. In a bid to impress Death, Thanos allows the heroes a slight chance of winning, but easily defeats and kills almost all of them. Thanos then goes on to defeat and imprison many of the universe’s cosmic entities — including Galactus; theStranger; the Titan Kronos; Epoch; the entities Love and Hate; two Celestials; Master Orderand Lord Chaos; and Eternity. After defeating Eternity, Thanos leaves his body and becomes the living embodiment of the universe. This leaves his abandoned body vulnerable to Nebula, his alleged granddaughter.
Nebula takes the Gauntlet off Thanos’s hand and dons it herself; she then undoes all of Thanos’ actions, restoring her from disfigurement, bringing the dead back to life, and reversing the damage done to the cosmos. Another battle with the heroes and cosmic deities ends with Adam Warlock taking possession of the Gauntlet. Thanos then appears to commit suicide, but actually retreats to a farm to contemplate his loss.