Cheat Codes for Your Car
up up down down left right left right B A start…ahh the good ol’ days!
I read something pretty cool in WIRED magazine while I was poo…..relaxing. Many cars have secret powers. You just have to know the access codes.
Yep, juts like video games cars have cheat codes – actions that unlock secret potentials. Some you can find in your owners manual and others are only meant for dealers. Here are a few:
CAR: Toyota Prius (2004-2009)
CHEAT: Disable the annoying reverse beep
- Start the engine, cycle through trip modes until the odometer shows on the dashboard display.
- Turn off the car, then restart.
- Within 6 seconds, press and hold the ODO button.
- Continue to hold the ODO button for 10 seconds, then shift into reverse and press the park button.
- Release the ODO button, Display will read “B ON”
- Press and hold ODO button to choose “B OFF” … No more beeps
CAR: Merceded-Benz C-Class (2003-2005) who doesn’t have one of these ?
CHEAT: Enter Dynamometer Testing Mode
- Turn the ignition to the first position.
- MAke sure the odometer is showing
- Rapidly press Trip Odometer Reset button 3 times
- Use the Up and Down arrows to find the ESP Dynamometer Test function in the menu
- Use either the “+” or the “-” button to switch off the ESP (electronic stability program – senses when stability control, brake assist, and antilock braking functions are not working properly)
- Turn off the car – under no circumstances should you drive with those safety features disengaged
CAR: Lexus LFA (2011-2012) ugh is there none for a 89 corolla?
CHEAT: Enter Launch mode (for max acceleration)
- Start the car
- Depress and hold the brake pedal with your left foot and release the parking brake
- Select Sport on the drive mode controller
- Select shift speed level seven
- Pull the “+” paddle shifter to select first gear
- Pull “-” paddle shifter and hold it for 5 seconds
- When “Launch” displays on the dashboard, release the “-” paddle shifter
- Depress the accelerator with your right foot and rev to 4,000 rpm
- Take foot off brake pedal
- Hang On!
You you have any cheat codes for other cars, SUBMIT!